Our Story

Ridley Park StationRidley Park Presbyterian Church first held services at the Ridley Park Station of the Philadelphia, Wilmington, & Baltimore Railroad in 1873. Services were conducted by the Rev. Charles H. Ewing, then pastor of the Ridley Presbyterian Church, later known as the Leiper Presbyterian Church.

A Sunday School program was started in 1875; classes were held in the Ridley Park Hotel and later in a store which stood on Hinckley Avenue above Ward Street.

In 1876, a church building was constructed under the pastorship of Rev. Dr. Matthew Grier, the church’s first pastor. From our humble beginning, we have steadily grown and are extremely grateful for the beautiful building where we worship today.

Sanctuary - June 1, 1915As a member of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), we provide traditional and progressive worship experiences inspired by God's word, prayer, communion, and music. We provide a variety of learning opportunities for all ages designed to support and inspire people on their spiritual journey. We also support local and global missionary programs, create ways to share the Christian faith in the community, and find ways to guide people in their growth as disciples. We offer activities to build relationships with our church family and community, and grow in our responsibility for God's creation and the blessings bestowed upon us through our giving of time, talents, and treasures.